Sushmita Sen has always been famous for speaking her mind and choosing roles that no other actress would dare to do and continuing her legacy, she feels, is ‘Queen’ Kangana Ranaut, who recently won National Award for her 2014 release.
Talking about the newly crowned ‘Queen’ of Bollywood, Sushmita Sen says, “I think she is in a very different time than I was. She is pushing the envelope even more than I did. When I was pushing the envelope, it was a shocker. It was blasphemous and almost a suidice to do something like that.”
- Kangana Ranaut sent me sexually-explicit mails, alleges Hrithik Roshan, Queen actor hits back
- More trouble for Kangana Ranaut? Aditya Pancholi and wife Zarina Wahab slap legal notice on Simran actor
- Mahesh Bhatt turns 69: Bollywood is forever in your debt for introducing these talented stars
- Kangana Ranaut answers why she brings up her past around her movie release
- The digs that Kangana Ranaut took at Hindi film industry in The Bollywood Diva Song are not to be missed
- Watch: Kangana Ranaut was on fire on Aap Ki Adalat, here's everything she said
In an interview to DNA, Sushmita says that everytime she is asked about which is the last film that sticks out in her head other than Sridevi’s ‘English Vinglish’, the answer is ‘Queen’. “It is one thing to push the envelope, and its another things to keep at it and follow it up. She has managed to do that. Also, the fact that she has such an openess about her that she just takes it all in and puts in into her film and allows it to just connect it with people,” she adds.
The former Miss Universe has shared screen space with Kangana in Anees Bazmee’s ‘No Problem’ (2010). She remembers her co-star and says, “I am very proud of her. Right from the time, I worked with her in my last Hindi film, No Problem, I was mesmerised by her. She is like this switch on-switch off button, a very alive person. God Bless her because this has been cumulatively coming for her. She has taken risks in the past and its finally paying off.”