Actress Kalki Koechlin says her poem titled “Printing Machine”, which she wrote for the Culture Machine’s “UnBlushed” series, talks about the “violence and brutality” that women face in India.
The poem has been recited by Kalki in a five-minute video which released on the women’s lifestyle channel Blush on Tuesday.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Directed by Akanksha Seda, the video features Kalki in one of her edgiest avatars as she takes on the media, society and their approach towards women and crimes against them.
“’Printing Machine’ was inspired by one of the key influencers in our lives — news houses and the media. We are flooded by an onslaught of objectifying and horrific news reports and imagery that have desensitised us,” Kalki said in a statement.
“It is only when we look at these reports in totality do we realise what our Indian heritage and culture have come to, and how we have come to be at the mercy of printing machines.
“Culture Machine and the ‘UnBlushed’ team did an amazing job of creating a visual rendition of ‘Printing Machine’ that best expresses the violence and brutality of our culture. They have helped take the story forward with this video that would have otherwise just been on paper,” she added.
In the video, Kalki talks about the increase in acid attacks, gang rapes, and foreigners being raped in the country.
Actresses Nimrat Kaur and Sayani Gupta have also appeared in the previous episodes of “UnBlushed”, a series that features female celebrities who are unapologetic, bold and beautiful.