Kalki Koechlin, who made her Bollywood debut with ‘Dev D’, has revealed that director and estranged husband Anurag Kashyap thought she was a misfit for the role.
The 30-year-old played Chanda in the modern-day take on Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay’s classic Bengali novel ‘Devdas’. “While the producers of Dev D directly contacted me to audition for the role of Chanda, Anurag Kashyap was completely against the idea. After seeing my portfolio, Anurag rejected me stating that I am not an Indian and do not look the role.
“However, the production house secretly auditioned me without informing Anurag and sent him the audition tape for his feedback. After hesitantly agreeing to watch the audition, he was so impressed that he immediately called me and offered me to play the part,” Kalki said on a chat show ‘The Ride’.
The 2009 hit film was written and directed by Anurag and was produced by Ronnie Screwvala. Kalki and Anurag started dating each other after the film and tied the knot after two years on April 30, 2011. But the couple got separated late last year citing differences.
But the ‘Zindagi Na Melegi Dobara’ actress said she wishes the best for Anurag. “There are still some differences between Anurag and me and that equation is complicated. While there are still some unhealed, raw wounds, I respect Anurag and cherish being his friend,” she added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The first episode of ‘The Ride’ will go on air tomorrow on Pepsi MTV Indies.