Bollywood actress Kajol is excited to return to the silver screen in husband Ajay Devgn’s next but doing only women-oriented roles is not her priority.
Kajol, 39, has given her go ahead to a film to be produced by Ajay Devgn’s home production. Contrary to the trend of women being the protagonist in contemporary films, Kajol feels good script essentially makes a good movie.
“The script has to be good. I don’t look whether (the film) is women-oriented or not because I believe everyone contributes for the film and not just one person. It is about
everybody in the film. The script has to be fabulous,” Kajol told PTI in an exclusive interview. Kajol said the home venture may take-off by year-end.
She said to get married and have kids was her conscious decision. “There was dream to be a mother. I think it was very well spent time with my kids. My kids are wonderful and I have a big hand in it,” she said.
Kajol took a sabbatical when she was at the peak of her career. “It was the right time for me and I don’t regret it (the decision) at all. For me, all my decisions have been taken at the right time only. There is no ifs and buts for me,” she said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The film that Ajay Devgn would be producing is in news for quite some time but Kajol is in no mood to disclose details.
“I hope it will be both serious and entertaining. We have an idea on hand but it is too early to talk about it. When we start shooting the film then we can say a bit about it,” the actress said.
When asked how heroines discontinue their Bollywood career after certain age but the male actors continue to work even after the age of 40, Kajol said things will change.
“I feel we have less ideas. And our audience wants to watch only certain kind of cinema, however this is changing now. This is the time for new age cinema. The audience is changing and our longevity will increase,” she said.