The first look of Vidya Balan starrer Kahaani 2 is out. And going by this teaser look, Vidya seems to be playing 36-year old Durga Rani Singh who is a ‘wanted’ fugitive. The police is out looking for her for kidnapping and murder.
After playing a distraught pregnant woman whose husband went missing in the prequel Kahaani, this look presents a complete contrast. Vidya’s dishevelled look creates a curiosity about her character.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Kahaani 2: Durga Rani Singh and Alia Bhatt’s Dear Zindagi will not clash at the box office as the former has shifted its release date to December 2. The sequel to 2012 hit thriller was earlier scheduled to release on November 25 this year but producer Jayantilal Gada of Pen India decided to shift the date in order to avoid a clash at the box office.
It was recently announced that Gauri Shinde’s Dear Zindagi will hit theatres on November 25 and producers Jayantilal Gada and Mahesh Bhatt decided not to release the two films together. “Bhatt Sahab (Mahesh Bhatt) is associated with us for our leading TV shows ‘Udann’ and ‘Naamkarann’ but more importantly he and Alia are like family to us. There can never be any competition within families, hence, I have decided to release ‘Kahaani 2- Durga Rani Singh’ on December 2,” Gada said in a statement here.
“I have known Jayantilal Gada for several years now and we are like family. Both ‘Kahaani 2’ and ‘Dear Zindagi’ are unique films and deserve a solo release. And it will also help both films in the long run,” Mahesh Bhatt said.
While there is a constant stream of social media updates on Dear Zindagi, one doesn’t know much about Kahaani 2. Both Alia Bhatt and Shah Rukh Khan kept their fans updated on the film through their Instagram and Twitter accounts.
Kahaani 2 is being co-produced and directed by Sujoy Ghosh. The film also stars Arjun Rampal in a pivotal role. The first instalment – Kahaani — not only set new benchmarks for suspense thrillers in Hindi cinema but also established Vidya as top Bollywood actress.