Superstars Aamir Khan and Shah Rukh Khan were seen on the same platform to support Indian sport kabaddi. The Pro Kabaddi League tournament started on Saturday (July 26) and the duo, along with other celebrities like Farah Khan, Sachin Tendulkar, Tina Ambani and Kabir Bedi, attended the launch of the eight-city franchise. (Pics: Aamir, Big B, SRK, Aishwarya cheer for Abhishek’s kabaddi team)
Abhishek Bachchan owns Jaipur Pink Panthers, a franchise of the Pro Kabaddi League.
From the Bachchan family, megastar Amitabh, his wife Jaya and daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai were seen cheering for Abhishek’s kabaddi team. “Thank u @juniorbachchan 4 inviting us to the Pro Kabaddi opening!! What a fun we had!!” Farah Khan, who is directing Abhishek in ‘Happy New Year’, tweeted.
Amitabh Bachchan, who posted a photo at the launch with the Khans, also thanked them and others, who marked their presence.
“Grateful to all the stars and friends that came out in support – Shah Rukh and Sachin and Aamir, and so many others … and a blast we had, cheering this very Indian sport … an occasion a first for India and the game … great fun …
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“I do hope that we continue to play it the way it has been designed, with all the prominent corporates coming in and many celebrities joining the gang … !!,” Amitabh Bachchan posted on his official blog srbachchan.tumblr.com.
His son’s team lost the match to U Mumba team owned by Zarina Screwvala, but he was happy with the turnout.
“Pro Kabaddi today (Saturday) started … Jaipur Pink Panthers v U Mumba … we LOST !! No sweat! great atmosphere, and great turn out … watch,” he further tweeted.