Bollywood actor John Abraham is all set to enter the Marathi film industry as a producer with a film which will go on floors next year. The Dishoom actor has roped in director Swapna Waghmare Joshi, who has currently helmed Fugay.
“I am doing my first (Marathi) production with Swapna. We are hopefully starting in March. It is a fantastic script. I am really lucky to be working with her. I am very excited for that,” the actor told reporters here last night.
John said the Marathi film industry is coming out with top quality content, something which the Hindi film industry should learn. “Marathi cinema is the most superior cinema today. I just hope it doesn’t reach a point where it starts getting corrupted. We need to see the balance, though this happens in every industry…,” he said.
“Hindi films should learn from Marathi, even Malayalam films, because the content in their films is far superior than ours. We need to borrow this kind of talent to make great cinema in Hindi,” the actor added.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
He was speaking at the trailer launch of the Marathi film Fugay. The movie stars Swwapnil Joshi and Subodh Bhave in lead roles. Fugay is scheduled to release this December.
On being asked about what he thinks about government’s decision to scrap Rs 500, 1,000 notes, John said, “The step is fantastic, I don’t know what the repercussions will be, but I think the scheme regarding the denominations of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 is to flush out the black money from the system,” John told reporters here.
He added, “It (the decision of government) can affect the box office for a weekend may be, because banks ATMs are all closed. But not after that. I hope by the time of Force 2 release, everything gets normal.”