The mother of Bollywood actress Jiah Khan, found dead in her Mumbai home in June last year, has called on the new Indian government to reinvestigate her daughter’s death alleging that she had been murdered.
London-based Rabiya Khan has maintained that her daughter was the victim of a cold-blooded murder rather than suicide and has also written to UK Foreign Secretary William Hague to intervene.
“From day one I am restless because I know my daughter has been murdered. It’s too early for the new (Indian) government as they are just settling in but I am sure they are not ignoring it.
“I am asking for re-investigation, whether it is CBI, FBI or SIT, but the whole case has to be reinvestigated,” she said on the sidelines of a memorial service at the Chelsea Town Hall in London yesterday to mark the one-year anniversary of Jiah’s death.
“I know it is taking time but justice takes time. But we will be there. Today my daughter has been murdered and just because these are politically influential people, they have sabotaged the investigation. I don’t want that any other daughters out there face this kind of sabotage. Jiah Khan deserves justice as well as every girl who has suffered violence,” she added.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Jiah’s memorial was attended by her friends and family and included speeches by her younger sisters Karishma and Kavita, Sufi prayers and musical tributes.
The 25-year-old, who went to More House School near the memorial venue, was also remembered as part of a special ‘Life of Nafisa’ video.
Born Nafisa Rizvi Khan, she took the name Jiah to act in films like ‘Nishabd’ and ‘Ghajini’ and was believed to have hung herself from a ceiling fan at her Mumbai home after being disillusioned with her career and her troubled relationship with aspiring actor Sooraj Pancholi.
“I am sure she did not commit suicide. She had everything to live for,” insists her mother, herself a former actress.
The Bombay High Court is currently deciding whether the case should be investigated as a homicide after forensic experts brought in by the family highlighted inconsistencies in the autopsy report.