The Bombay High Court on Thursday (July 3) transferred the Jiah Khan death case to CBI.
Actress Jiah Khan’s mother Rabbiya has alleged that her daughter was murdered and did not commit suicide as claimed by police. Born Nafisa Rizvi Khan, she took the name Jiah to act in films like ‘Nishabd’ and ‘Ghajini’ and was believed to have hung herself from a ceiling fan at her Mumbai home after being disillusioned with her career and her troubled relationship with Sooraj Pancholi.
Rabbiya had demanded a probe by Special Investigating Team or CBI into the actor’s death as she produced forensic and medical evidence to indicate that it was a case of murder.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The police had arrested Sooraj on June 10 on the basis of a six-page letter, reportedly written by Jiah about the status of her relationship, found at her apartment. (With PTI inputs)