“Saira Banu, the wife of the iconic star, was also present on the occasion,” the statement said, adding state Finance Minister Haseeb A. Drabu was accompanying Sayeed, who is on a visit to Mumbai to woo Bollywood to Kashmir.
- Photos: Dilip Kumar celebrates 51st anniversary with Saira Banu
- Quiz: How well do you know Dilip Kumar?
- Priyanka Chopra visits Dilip Kumar, Saira Banu and the photos are no less than a family portrait
- Happy birthday Saira Banu: From her love for Dilip Kumar right from the age of 12 to more, here are some unseen photos of the actor
- Shah Rukh Khan was the one who was difficult to reach: Saira Banu on Bollywood's Khans
- Shah Rukh Khan meets Dilip Kumar to wish good health, and Twitterati go all out
“During his meeting with Dilip Kumar, Sayeed enquired about his health and wished him a long life. He also invited Dilip Kumar and Saira Banu to visit Kashmir Valley this summer,” it added.
Sayeed described Dilip Kumar as one of the greatest actors of the Indian film industry and recalled some of his memorable works in a career spread over six decades.
Sayeed earlier on Thursday met Shahrukh Khan who expressed desire to shoot his upcoming films in Kashmir.