Priyanka Chopra, who has taken Hollywood by storm, will be back on silver screens in India this Friday courtesy Jai Gangajaal. Donning the khakee, Priyanka will be seen in an action-packed avatar as the no-nonsense top cop in the Prakash Jha directed socio-political drama. Though this is not the first time Priyanka will be seen playing a cop (Gunday and Don), Jai GangaaJal will see the actress getting into the raw and rustic policing zone where not just brute force but power politics will also be at play.
Helmed by the redoubtable Prakash Jha who is himself making his debut as a full-fledged actor, Jai GangaaJal will open to big expectations given the fact that the prequel that starred Ajay Devgn in the lead was a superhit.
For Priyanka, JaiGangaaJal will offer an avenue to showcase a new spectrum of acting which will be far different from any of her earlier roles. As boxer Mary Kom, Priyanka showed us that she could pack in a few mean punches. It remains to be seen how imposing she will emerge in Jai Gangaajal. The trailers show her diving straight into physical action and mouthing effective dialogues. Her face-off with Prakash Jha and Manav Kaul will make for compelling viewing.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
For Prakash Jha, Priyanka’s international fame has come at the right time. Though the actress is not physically present to promote the movie, her new found Hollywood fame will make sure, the movie gets picked up not just nationally but also in the international markets.
The movie, which by Priyanka’s own admission, was shot in quick time will prove to be a litmus test of sorts for the actress. For after Mary Kom, this is be the first movie where Priyanka will be seen again in a headlining role. Her last two outings in 2015 Dil Dhadakne Do and Bajirao Mastani were what one could term as multi-starrers.
Will Priyanka deliver the goods as an IPS officer this time around. We will have to wait and watch.
Keep watching this space for review of Jai Gangaajal.