Priyanka Chopra, who has taken Hollywood by storm, will be back on silver screens in India this Friday courtesy Jai Gangajaal. Donning the khakee, Priyanka will be seen in an action-packed avatar as the no-nonsense top cop in the Prakash Jha directed socio-political drama. Though this is not the first time Priyanka will be seen playing a cop (Gunday and Don), Jai GangaaJal will see the actress getting into the raw and rustic policing zone where not just brute force but power politics will also be at play.
Helmed by the redoubtable Prakash Jha who is himself making his debut as a full-fledged actor, Jai GangaaJal will open to big expectations given the fact that the prequel that starred Ajay Devgn in the lead was a superhit.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
For Priyanka, JaiGangaaJal will offer an avenue to showcase a new spectrum of acting which will be far different from any of her earlier roles. As boxer Mary Kom, Priyanka showed us that she could pack in a few mean punches. It remains to be seen how imposing she will emerge in Jai Gangaajal. The trailers show her diving straight into physical action and mouthing effective dialogues. Her face-off with Prakash Jha and Manav Kaul will make for compelling viewing.
For Prakash Jha, Priyanka’s international fame has come at the right time. Though the actress is not physically present to promote the movie, her new found Hollywood fame will make sure, the movie gets picked up not just nationally but also in the international markets.
The movie, which by Priyanka’s own admission, was shot in quick time will prove to be a litmus test of sorts for the actress. For after Mary Kom, this is be the first movie where Priyanka will be seen again in a headlining role. Her last two outings in 2015 Dil Dhadakne Do and Bajirao Mastani were what one could term as multi-starrers.
Will Priyanka deliver the goods as an IPS officer this time around. We will have to wait and watch.
Keep watching this space for review of Jai Gangaajal.