Jai Gangaajal starring Priyanka Chopra, which released on Friday March 4, has taken off to a good start at the box office and has earned Rs. 5.50 cr. on its opening day. On the second day of its release, the film did a business of Rs. 6.25 cr., making the total collection of the film Rs 11.75 cr.
Prakash Jha’s film, which released with a huge screen count of 2684 screens in India and 300 overseas approx, has done pretty low business considering the number of screens.
Bollywood trade analyst Taran Adarsh took to twitter to share the box office collection numbers.
#JaiGangaajal Fri 5.50 cr, Sat 6.25 cr. Total: ₹ 11.75 cr. India biz.
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) March 6, 2016
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
However, people at single screens have liked the film and lauded Priyanka’s performance as a lady cop. And Prakash Jha performance as a debut actor in his 60s is also being appreciated.
Indian Express film critic, Shubhra Gupta wrote: The best part about ‘Jai Gangaajal’, director Prakash Jha’s latest foray into the country’s badlands, is a surprise acting turn by Jha himself: as a corrupt-cop-with-a-latent-conscience, Jha looks as if he has been doing this all his life, so comfortable is he in front of the camera.
Too bad you can’t say the same for the leading lady. As the take-charge-policewoman-in-a-tough-posting, Priyanka Chopra comes off as dressed-for-the-part and stilted. You can see she’s trying hard, especially in some of the ‘action’ sequences in which she has to kick and punch and thrash, but she’s far too smooth for this part. (Jai Gangaajal movie review)
It remains to be seen if Jai Gangaajal will prove to be a sleeper hit at the box-office or will be drowned in the coming days.