Jai Gangaajal starring Priyanka Chopra, which released on Friday March 4, has taken off to a good start at the box office and has earned Rs. 5.50 cr. on its opening day. On the second day of its release, the film did a business of Rs. 6.25 cr., making the total collection of the film Rs 11.75 cr.
Prakash Jha’s film, which released with a huge screen count of 2684 screens in India and 300 overseas approx, has done pretty low business considering the number of screens.
Bollywood trade analyst Taran Adarsh took to twitter to share the box office collection numbers.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
#JaiGangaajal Fri 5.50 cr, Sat 6.25 cr. Total: ₹ 11.75 cr. India biz.
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) March 6, 2016
However, people at single screens have liked the film and lauded Priyanka’s performance as a lady cop. And Prakash Jha performance as a debut actor in his 60s is also being appreciated.
Indian Express film critic, Shubhra Gupta wrote: The best part about ‘Jai Gangaajal’, director Prakash Jha’s latest foray into the country’s badlands, is a surprise acting turn by Jha himself: as a corrupt-cop-with-a-latent-conscience, Jha looks as if he has been doing this all his life, so comfortable is he in front of the camera.
Too bad you can’t say the same for the leading lady. As the take-charge-policewoman-in-a-tough-posting, Priyanka Chopra comes off as dressed-for-the-part and stilted. You can see she’s trying hard, especially in some of the ‘action’ sequences in which she has to kick and punch and thrash, but she’s far too smooth for this part. (Jai Gangaajal movie review)
It remains to be seen if Jai Gangaajal will prove to be a sleeper hit at the box-office or will be drowned in the coming days.