Actor Jahangir Khan, whose last small screen appearance was in Mohalla Mohabbat Wala, is returning to the small screen after a gap of eight years with popular TV show Ek Maa Jo Laakhon Ke Liye Bani Amma.
Jahangir, who has appeared in films like Aashiqui, Paan Singh Tomar, Rajneeti, Sadak and Sankat City, will be seen as Pathan Sher Khan, who comes to Mumbai to join hands with Amma (played by Shabana Azmi).
His character’s agenda is to bring arms and ammunition to India and spread terrorism across the country in the name of religion. However, Amma who follows the path of humanity and does not want people to get divided by religion, will stand up and fight against him.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
“I’m excited to be back on television after a hiatus of almost eight years. I kept on getting a lot of offers for television, but I was waiting for a strong character and a unique storyline. And, when I was narrated the role of Pathan, I agreed instantly,” Jahangir said in a statement.
“The best thing about the show is that it is a weekend show and I don’t have to shoot for it every day. Additionally, it is a finite series and is shot on a film format with high production values,” he added.
Ek Maa Jo Laakhon Ke Liye Bani Amma, aired on Zee TV, narrates the journey of an ordinary woman named Zeenat, who is ditched by her husband during partition but faces challenges and bounces back with her strength, to emerge as an inspiration and leader of the masses.