Actress Jacqueline Fernandez, who is gearing up to promote her first solo big project “Kick”, says she had to gain weight to look convincing in her role.
The 28-year-old Sri Lankan beauty has to look like a college girl in the film and she said: “During ‘Race 2’, I had to lean down completely because there was a lot of action scenes in it. For this film, I was asked to gain weight as I am playing a college girl.”
“I could not afford to have the perfect zero size body. I was 51 and now I am 56 for ‘Kick’ and I am very happy with my body,” she added.
Post medium budget psychological thriller “Murder 2”, this is Jacqueline’s first big film in terms of budget and cast. She is paired with none other than Salman Khan in the movie coming out July 25.
Her last releases “Race 2” and “Housefull 2” were multi-starrers.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
When asked if this brings any pressure on her, she said: “There was a lot of pressure, but my main concern was not to disappoint Sajid Nadiadwala. He must have seen something in me that he offered me the film. When he showed confidence in me, I didn’t want to disappoint him.”
“Kick” is important for producer Nadiadwala too as he embarks on a new journey with the action drama – it marks his debut as a director.
Jacqueline praises Salman’s “helping nature”.
“He is not the kind of a person who will leave you mid way. It’s a pleasure to work with him,” she added.