Actress Priyanka Chopra, whose international debut TV show “Quantico” has got a renewal and whose Hollywood debut “Baywatch” is already under production, says Indian movies have a “global demographic” and that she is used to having fans abroad.
She says her fan base has expanded with the reach of foreign TV, and added that an artiste always yearns for “applause”.
The actress answered some questions by fans through a special video posted on her official Facebook page. She spoke about how she gets along with her co-stars, her camaraderie with them and how she is relieved that the show is being liked by all.
On being asked about how it feels to get the kind of reception and recognition that she gets in India, in the US now, she said: “Indian movies have a very global demographic. So I’ve got used to a lot of people knowing me outside of India as well.
- I miss Hindi films: Priyanka Chopra
- I am used to being the face on a poster: Priyanka Chopra
- Quantico star Priyanka Chopra: I change the channel if I see myself on TV
- Response to Quantico in India was overwhelming, says Priyanka Chopra
- Priyanka Chopra beats Jimmy Fallon in chicken wings contest
- 'Baywatch' role was initially written for a man: Priyanka Chopra
“But with ‘Quantico’ going to almost 120 territories – yes, wherever I go people know me from the show. I’m really happy, they enjoy the show and my work. Eventually an artist just wants applause and I’m really happy to be able to be getting that.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Priyanka plays Alex Parrish, an FBI recruit who becomes a suspect of terrorist bombing of New York’s Grand Central Station. The show’s storytelling prism shifts between the present day with Parrish navigating her way through a class of FBI new agent trainees to the near future as the truth and repercussions of the attack emerge.
“Quantico” is back post mid-season break in India from March 12. The show is aired on Star World, Star World HD and Star World Premiere.
Priyanka asserted that doing action scenes was not an arduous task for her thanks to the training from Bollywood.
She said: “I have done a lot of action movies in India, like ‘Don’, ‘Drona’, ‘Don 2’, ‘Mary Kom’, ‘Jai Gangaajal’, because of which I have a lot of prep and experience with action, so that’s not hard. But getting to know a character, someone like Alex, that was hard.”
“Quantico” also stars actors Jake McLaughlin, Tate Ellington and Graham Rogers, who all play fellow recruits.
The actress says the co-stars have “been like each other’s support system throughout the season. And I love them. They are great”.
On getting a green light for the second season, the actress said: “I’m so excited. I feel so happy because I love the show. I think this is very entertaining, the kind of TV I like to watch. So I’m glad I get to be a part of that.”