- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s reception: Priyanka Chopra attends the intimate affair
- Royal Wedding 2018: Priyanka Chopra swaps her sharp lilac dress for a shimmer Dior gown at the reception party
- Priyanka Chopra wishes Meghan Markle and Prince Harry happiness, love and togetherness with a heartfelt post
Actress Priyanka Chopra, whose international debut TV show “Quantico” has got a renewal and whose Hollywood debut “Baywatch” is already under production, says Indian movies have a “global demographic” and that she is used to having fans abroad.
She says her fan base has expanded with the reach of foreign TV, and added that an artiste always yearns for “applause”.
The actress answered some questions by fans through a special video posted on her official Facebook page. She spoke about how she gets along with her co-stars, her camaraderie with them and how she is relieved that the show is being liked by all.
On being asked about how it feels to get the kind of reception and recognition that she gets in India, in the US now, she said: “Indian movies have a very global demographic. So I’ve got used to a lot of people knowing me outside of India as well.
- Priyanka Chopra’s show Quantico cancelled, will not return for a fourth season
- Priyanka Chopra’s stunning Ralph Lauren gown at Met Gala 2018 leaves Netizens drooling
- Priyanka Chopra and Will Smith to star in a YouTube series
- Salman Khan and Priyanka Chopra starrer Bharat will be shot mostly in India
- Priyanka Chopra on losing a film due to her skin colour: They said I had the ‘wrong physicality’
- Quantico Season 3 trailer: Priyanka Chopra is back as Alex but this time, she’s undercover
“But with ‘Quantico’ going to almost 120 territories – yes, wherever I go people know me from the show. I’m really happy, they enjoy the show and my work. Eventually an artist just wants applause and I’m really happy to be able to be getting that.”
Priyanka plays Alex Parrish, an FBI recruit who becomes a suspect of terrorist bombing of New York’s Grand Central Station. The show’s storytelling prism shifts between the present day with Parrish navigating her way through a class of FBI new agent trainees to the near future as the truth and repercussions of the attack emerge.
“Quantico” is back post mid-season break in India from March 12. The show is aired on Star World, Star World HD and Star World Premiere.
Priyanka asserted that doing action scenes was not an arduous task for her thanks to the training from Bollywood.
She said: “I have done a lot of action movies in India, like ‘Don’, ‘Drona’, ‘Don 2’, ‘Mary Kom’, ‘Jai Gangaajal’, because of which I have a lot of prep and experience with action, so that’s not hard. But getting to know a character, someone like Alex, that was hard.”
“Quantico” also stars actors Jake McLaughlin, Tate Ellington and Graham Rogers, who all play fellow recruits.
The actress says the co-stars have “been like each other’s support system throughout the season. And I love them. They are great”.
On getting a green light for the second season, the actress said: “I’m so excited. I feel so happy because I love the show. I think this is very entertaining, the kind of TV I like to watch. So I’m glad I get to be a part of that.”