Irrfan Khan, known his work in Indian as well as international films, says he takes pride in representing the country on foreign shores. The actor, who was honoured with ET Panache Trendsetter Global Personality award here on Friday, also said that he hopes to continue on the same path.
“I hope to continue setting trends globally and back home as well. The journey has just begun. It’s a great feeling representing India at a global platform,” Irrfan said in a statement.
In Bollywood, Irrfan is credited for power-packed performances in films like Paan Singh Tomar, Talvar, Maqbool and Piku. And internationally, he is known for his work in The Warrior, The Namesake, Life of Pi, A Mighty Heart, Slumdog Millionaire and “The Amazing Spider-Man”.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
On the professional front, the actor is getting mixed response for his latest Hollywood film Inferno which also stars Oscar-winning star Tom Hanks. The Sony Pictures Entertainment film Inferno released in India on Friday – two weeks before it opens in the US.
Inferno — the third part of Dan Brown’s book after The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons — narrates a thrilling story of how Robert Langdon, a professor of symbology at Harvard University, tries to save the world from a deadly plot.
In the film, Hanks is seen reprising the role of Langdon, and Irrfan plays Harry “The Provost” Sims, head of The Consortium. The actor is getting rave reviews fro his performance in Inferno. Earlier Tom Hanks said that Khan is the coolest guy.