On the first death anniversary of her father Ashok Chopra, Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra on Tuesday (June 10) announced that a street has been named as ‘Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Ashok Chopra Marg’. Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray was also present at the event.
“I don’t have words to describe anything. It’s a moment of pride for my family,” Priyanka Chopra told reporters during the inauguration of the newly named street off her residence.
Her father died in the battle with cancer last year, and she was extremely close to him.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The actress, who even has a ‘Daddy’s Li’l Girl’ tattoo, said: “It means a lot to me. My dad was someone who has touched many hearts through his work. Today, seeing this road named after him, people ask that just because he is Priyanka Chopra’s father…is this road being named after him?’ No, it’s not that.”
“I’m here today because I’m Ashok Chopra’s daughter. This road is being named after him because his community that he worked with…his friends, his family and all of you stood up and asked for it. So thank you very much on behalf of my father today.”