On the first death anniversary of her father Ashok Chopra, Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra on Tuesday (June 10) announced that a street has been named as ‘Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Ashok Chopra Marg’. Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray was also present at the event.
“I don’t have words to describe anything. It’s a moment of pride for my family,” Priyanka Chopra told reporters during the inauguration of the newly named street off her residence.
Her father died in the battle with cancer last year, and she was extremely close to him.
The actress, who even has a ‘Daddy’s Li’l Girl’ tattoo, said: “It means a lot to me. My dad was someone who has touched many hearts through his work. Today, seeing this road named after him, people ask that just because he is Priyanka Chopra’s father…is this road being named after him?’ No, it’s not that.”
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“I’m here today because I’m Ashok Chopra’s daughter. This road is being named after him because his community that he worked with…his friends, his family and all of you stood up and asked for it. So thank you very much on behalf of my father today.”