Though her marriage to filmmaker Aditya Chopra was a hush-hush affair, actress Rani Mukerji has confirmed that her wedding outfit was designed by friend Sabyasachi.
Rani, 36, and the 43-year-old director married in an intimate ceremony in Italy this year.
When asked whether she donned Sabyasachi’s lehenga on her D- day, the Bengali beauty, who was in the capital last night for the designer on the opening day of India Couture Week, said, “It had to be Sabya. He is my brother and a good friend.”
Sabyasachi has not designed her look in her upcoming home production ‘Mardaani’ but Rani promised that she will be seen in his designs during the promotion of the crime drama.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“I will be sporting loads of Sabyasachi during the promotion of ‘Mardaani’,” she said.
The newly-married actress became nostalgic to be a part of Sabyasachi’s opening show.
“I really enjoyed the show. We all have witnessed the beauty and magic he created on the ramp. When I say Sabya’s cloth I can only see his hardwork and sweat that go behind them.
“Each time you come for the Sabya’s show it is better than the last time. The set which was designed in the form of a train really made me nostalgic,” the ‘Bunty Aur Babli’ star said.
Sabyasachi kicked off the fashion extravaganza wit his new collection ‘Ferozabad’ last night.
The ramp was decorated like the compartment of a luxury train and the designer beautifully depicted the humdrum of a train journey.
Models sashayed down the ramp wearing sarees teamed with high-neck blouses, anarkalis, lehengas and shararas.
Sabyasachi also brought the rugged look of men on the ramp back as they dazzled the runway in bandhgalas, embroidered trousers and khadi coats.
The six-day fashion event will see nine of the country’s top designers — Anamika Khanna, Anju Modi, Gaurav Gupta, Manish Arora, Manish Malhotra, Monisha Jaising, Rina Dhaka, Rohit Bal and Varun Bahl — showcasing their work.
Shree Raj Mahal Jewellers is the title sponsor this year and its designer jewellery collection will be seen on the ICW runway.