Though her marriage to filmmaker Aditya Chopra was a hush-hush affair, actress Rani Mukerji has confirmed that her wedding outfit was designed by friend Sabyasachi.
Rani, 36, and the 43-year-old director married in an intimate ceremony in Italy this year.
When asked whether she donned Sabyasachi’s lehenga on her D- day, the Bengali beauty, who was in the capital last night for the designer on the opening day of India Couture Week, said, “It had to be Sabya. He is my brother and a good friend.”
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Sabyasachi has not designed her look in her upcoming home production ‘Mardaani’ but Rani promised that she will be seen in his designs during the promotion of the crime drama.
“I will be sporting loads of Sabyasachi during the promotion of ‘Mardaani’,” she said.
The newly-married actress became nostalgic to be a part of Sabyasachi’s opening show.
“I really enjoyed the show. We all have witnessed the beauty and magic he created on the ramp. When I say Sabya’s cloth I can only see his hardwork and sweat that go behind them.
“Each time you come for the Sabya’s show it is better than the last time. The set which was designed in the form of a train really made me nostalgic,” the ‘Bunty Aur Babli’ star said.
Sabyasachi kicked off the fashion extravaganza wit his new collection ‘Ferozabad’ last night.
The ramp was decorated like the compartment of a luxury train and the designer beautifully depicted the humdrum of a train journey.
Models sashayed down the ramp wearing sarees teamed with high-neck blouses, anarkalis, lehengas and shararas.
Sabyasachi also brought the rugged look of men on the ramp back as they dazzled the runway in bandhgalas, embroidered trousers and khadi coats.
The six-day fashion event will see nine of the country’s top designers — Anamika Khanna, Anju Modi, Gaurav Gupta, Manish Arora, Manish Malhotra, Monisha Jaising, Rina Dhaka, Rohit Bal and Varun Bahl — showcasing their work.
Shree Raj Mahal Jewellers is the title sponsor this year and its designer jewellery collection will be seen on the ICW runway.