The trend of biopics is gaining prominence in Bollywood and actress Isha Koppikar says if she gets a chance, she would love to be part of one on either late prime minister Indira Gandhi or former police officer Kiran Bedi.
Isha is returning to Hindi films four years after “Shabri” with a revenge drama “Assi Nabbe Pure Sau”.
At an event to showcase the first look of the film, Isha was asked who she wanted to make a biopic on. To that, she said: “I haven’t exactly thought about it. I am fond of strong characters…I’d like to make one on the lives of Kiran Bedi or Indira Gandhi. Or perhaps any character that you can choose from mythology.”
- Kiran Bedi tweets video of '97-yr-old woman doing Garba' thinking she is PM Modi's mother; realises mistake later
- Leadership is all about service, says Kiran Bedi
- 'CIA discussed political scenarios in event of Indira Gandhi's death'
- Lt Guv Kiran Bedi putting hurdles in implementing projects: State minister
- Isha Koppikar to make comeback with 'Assi Nabbe Pure Sau'
- Bollywood actress Isha Koppikar weds in Mumbai
The success of biopics like “Mary Kom” and “Bhaag Milkha Bhaag” have prompted other biopics too.
Meanwhile, in “Assi Nabbe Pure Sau”, Isha is playing a strong character against the backdrop of revenge and a story spread over several decades. This, Isha claimed, is inspired from various events in real life.
The film, directed by Ankur Bhatia, also stars Divyendu Sharma. It will go on the floors around October this year.