Ranveer Singh had cause for celebrations as he turned an year older on Wednesday. However, reports suggested he had another reason to cheer as he had allegedly got ‘unofficially’ engaged to rumoured girlfriend Deepika Padukone.
From the buzz, it seems like parents of both met and an extremely secretive engagement followed. There is absolutely nothing official about it though.
Interestingly, the engagement reports cropped immediately after earlier speculations that suggested both actors were taking some time off from each other.
- Rohingya crisis: Myanmar says bodies of 28 Hindu villagers found in Rakhine State
- In Mexico City, hopes of finding quake survivors dwindle
- One dead in late night fire at Gujarat's Kandla Port
- Britain's Labour Party to be 'grown ups in the room', ready to lead Brexit talks
- Jharkhand fire: Eight killed, 25 injured at firecracker factory in Kumardubi
- Pune trekker injured while climbing: ‘Take me to my new house before Dussehra’
However, the same was put to rest after we witnessed the sparkling chemistry between the duo at the recently held IIFA awards.
While Ranveer has always preferred wearing his heart on his sleeve, Deepika is very discreet about her relationship.
Coming back to the rumoured engagement, no official statement has been put forward by both stars. Ranveer’s spokesperson maintained a ‘no comments’ stance when quizzed about the actor’s engagement.