Ranveer Singh had cause for celebrations as he turned an year older on Wednesday. However, reports suggested he had another reason to cheer as he had allegedly got ‘unofficially’ engaged to rumoured girlfriend Deepika Padukone.
From the buzz, it seems like parents of both met and an extremely secretive engagement followed. There is absolutely nothing official about it though.
Interestingly, the engagement reports cropped immediately after earlier speculations that suggested both actors were taking some time off from each other.
- Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone leave Zoya Akhtar's house hand in hand, see photos
- Ranveer Singh's message for Deepika Padukone is going to make you go 'aww'. Watch video
- Is this why Deepika Padukone managed to attend Padmavati 3D trailer launch?
- Padmavati controversy: A timeline of the hurdles faced by the Deepika Padukone starrer
- Photos: Ranveer Singh shows his fierce side as Alauddin Khilji in Padmavati
- VIDEOS| Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh's intimate moments put an end to breakup rumours
However, the same was put to rest after we witnessed the sparkling chemistry between the duo at the recently held IIFA awards.
While Ranveer has always preferred wearing his heart on his sleeve, Deepika is very discreet about her relationship.
Coming back to the rumoured engagement, no official statement has been put forward by both stars. Ranveer’s spokesperson maintained a ‘no comments’ stance when quizzed about the actor’s engagement.