Cases such as the Aarushi-Hemraj murder, when turned into a film, are often lambasted for being insensitive to the subject. So when a film called Rahasya, based on one of India’s most controversial and disturbing cases in recent times, was announced early last year, it sparked off similar debates.
Even established director Milan Luthria backed out after expressing his wish to make a film on it. But it hasn’t deterred writer-director Meghna Gulzar.
While her last film Just Married or her segment in the anthology Dus Kahaaniya were not received well at the box office, she has managed to get Irrfan to play the role of an investigating cop and Shefali Shah, who will play Aarushi’s mother Nupur Talwar in the film.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
In 2008, 13-year-old Aarushi and 45-year-old domestic help Hemraj were found murdered at the Talwar’s residence in Noida. In this long-winding high-profile case that raised more questions than it gave answers, with the eventual life sentence of Aarushi’s parents in November 2013, the film will be produced by Vishal Bhardwaj. We hope the story gets the deserved poignancy and restraint.