Irrfan Khan’s wife on his health: My partner is a warrior, he is fighting every obstacle with tremendous grace

On Saturday, Irrfan Khan's wife Sutapa Sikdar issued a statement about her husband's health. The actor's wife thanked Irrfan's fans for their good wishes and their concern.

Written by Arushi Jain | New Delhi | Updated: March 11, 2018 9:23 am
irrfan khan wife on his health Irrfan Khan’s wife requested people to not spread rumours about her husband’s health.

Irrfan Khan recently left his many fans worried as he tweeted about his ‘rare disease’. Messages of “speedy recovery” and “good luck” from across the world started pouring in for the international star. His colleagues from the Hindi film industry including Abhishek Bachchan, Suneil Shetty, Paresh Rawal and Rekha Bhardwaj too tweeted wishing good for the Qarib Qarib Singlle actor.

Also, the rumours about him suffering from brain cancer and being admitted to Mumbai’s Kokilaben Hospital got circulated on social media. While hospital officials already refuted the rumours, Irrfan’s wife Sutapa Sikdar has now issued a statement about her husband’s health. In the statement posted on her Facebook account, the actor’s wife thanked Irrfan’s fans for their good wishes and their concern but also urged them to stop speculating about the disease Irrfan is suffering from. She wrote, “Let’s not waste our precious energies to only know what it is.”

“My best friend and my partner is a ‘warrior’ he is fighting every obstacle with tremendous grace and beauty. I apologize for not answering calls msgs, but I want all of you to know I am truly humbled indebted forever for the wishes prayers and concern from all over the world,” wrote Sutapa. She continued by writing, “My humble request to all of you is to concentrate on the song of life, to dance of life to victory. My family will soon join in this dance of life. Thank you all from bottom of our heart.”

Read the full post here:

Irrfan on Monday left his fans concerned about their favourite star’s health as he tweeted, “Sometimes you wake up with a jolt with life-shaking you up. The last 15 days, my life has been a suspense story. Little had I known that my search for rare stories would make me find a rare disease.”

Before his wife Sutapa, Irrfan’s industry friends and colleagues including Sonam Kapoor and Nimrat Kaur also urged people to put all the speculations to rest and respect the actor’s privacy.

On the work front, Irrfan has a movie titled Blackmail releasing on April 6. Directed by Abhinay Deol, the film also stars Kirti Kulhari and Divya Dutta in pivotal roles. Also, Vishal Bhardwaj has put his next with the actor on hold in wake of the ill health of the lead actor of his film.

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App

1. B
    Babu Indian
    Mar 11, 2018 at 2:49 pm
    Is this disease called 'love jehad' disease . Numerous muslim men are suffering from this disease nowadays, so much so that they are moving from one hindu woman to another .
      Pilar Miro
      Mar 11, 2018 at 10:24 am
      I don't know anything about Mr Khan, nor his wife. I gather they are public figures. Mr Khan has a "rare disease." There is no disease today, rare or not, that doesn't have a name. Instead of wasting her words and our time in writing a rambling tract about not speculating, why can't Mr Khan or his wife spit out the name of the disease? This is one of the problems with health and healthcare in India. The humans who are ill do not want to acknowledge they are, the doctors are happy to keep their patient ignorant, and everyone spends much time in not talking about the 800 pound gorilla that is sitting on the shoulders. Had Mr Khan lived in America, it would not have taken more than a few days for him, or his doctors, to tell the world what disease, or what form of cancer, if cancer it is, from which Mr Khan is suffering.
      1. Josh Manson
        Mar 11, 2018 at 3:58 am
        Im Grace Laurence, From USA I wish to share my testimonies with the World about what Dr ALEKO has just done for me ,This great man brought my lost Ex husband to me with his great spell within 24 hours. I was married to my husband Maxwell Laurence we were together for a long time and we loved our self’s but when I was unable to give him a child for 2 years he left me and told me he can’t continue anymore then I was now looking for ways to get him back until a friend of mine told me about this man and gave his contact email (Alekospellcaster009 ) then you won’t believe this when I contacted this man on my problems he prepared and cast a very strong spell for me and bring my lost husband back within 24hrs, and after a month I missed my monthly period and went for a test and the result showed that i was pregnant. i am happy today am a mother of a baby girl, Contact the best black magic voodoo spells caster in the world today if you need any problem.or him 1-442-243-3652
          Pilar Miro
          Mar 11, 2018 at 10:40 am
          Sorry, Sis, the magic is not good enough for India. Indians want only male babies.
        2. Employ Ment
          Mar 10, 2018 at 10:29 pm
          🔴🆓बेरोजगारी हटाओ अभियान🆓🔴 ✔मोदी जी द्वारा चलाए गए डिजिटल इन्डिया से जुड़े और कमाए 15,000 - 20,000 रुपए महीना ✔अब कोई नही रहेगा बेरोज़गार और नही करेगा कोई बेरोज़गार आत्महत्या ✔क्योंकि अब आ गई है 21वीं सदी की सबसे बड़ी रोज़गार क्रांति ✔हमारा सपना पूरे भारत को ही नही पूरी दुनिया को डिजिटल इंडिया से जोड़ना ✔सबका साथ सबका विकास ➡शुरुवात कैसे करे 📲Champ'Cash-Digital`India App को प्ले स्टोर से इन्स्टल करे, और साइन अप करे, $1 डॉलर बोनस स्पौन्सर 🆔: 4⃣6⃣8⃣9⃣4⃣2⃣ 👉🏻चैलेंज को पूरा करे 👉🏻और इंकम करनी शुरू करे 👉🏻इसे जरूर नोट कर ले👉🏻 स्पौन्सर 🆔: 4⃣6⃣8⃣9⃣4⃣2⃣ . . . . . . . . Hdvxvhdbchdhdndi
            Mar 10, 2018 at 6:26 pm
            Director of Blackmail is Abhinay 'Deo' not Deol.