After receiving critical acclamation, director Meghna Gulzar’s reality drama “Talvar”, based on the 2008 murder of 14-year-old Aarushi Talwar and her family’s domestic servant Hemraj, has received a good response at the box office too. (Talvar movie review)
The film, starring Irrfan Khan and Konkana Sen Sharma, collected Rs.3 crore on Friday.
“’Talvar’ has been received very well on its release day. The film has garnered tremendous critical acclaim and positive word of mouth,” the spokesperson of the film said.
- Irrfan Khan starrer ‘Talvar’ registers steady business with Rs.17.05 crore
- ‘Talvar’ starring Irrfan Khan mints over Rs.9 crore in opening weekend
- Akshay Kumar’s ‘Singh Is Bliing’ falls on day two, ‘Talvar’ escalates due to good word of mouth
- Irrfan Khan wants to show ‘Talvar’ to ‘Piku’ co-star Deepika Padukone
- Konkona Sen Sharma, Irrfan Khan’s Talvar’s pre-production cost equals post-production
- Meghna Gulzar’s ‘Talvar’ opens to packed houses at 40th Toronto International Film Festival
The film, which released alongside Akshay Kumar starrer “Singh is Bliing” and Hollywood film “The Martian”, managed to make its presence felt at the box office with positive word of mouth publicity. Its collection is expected to hike towards the weekend.