Filmmaker Shoojit Sircar is bowled over by Irrfan Khan‘s performance in “Talvar”, inspired by twin murders in Noida in 2008.
Irrfan, who played the role of CBI officer Arun Kumar in the film, took an entire month to get an insight of his character.
“#Talvar.. And @irrfan_k you are just terrific.. Undoubtedly you are one of the best actor we have… And you are my superstar too,” Shoojit, who worked with Irrfan in “Piku”, posted on Twitter.
— irrfan (@irrfan_k) October 23, 2015
The Meghna Gulzar-directed film, which released on October 2, was inspired by the sensational murder of 14-year-old Aarushi Talwar and 45-year-old Hemraj Banjade, a domestic help in Noida, India in 2008.
The mystery drama depicted how politics, professional rivalries and media coverage can influence the course of justice. It highlighted the flaws in India’s criminal justice system, and the prejudices and limitations of the people running it.
- Vishal Bhardwaj on Aarushi Talwar murder case verdict: It still pains me when I think about the Talwars' precious years lost in prison
- Irrfan Khan: I don't understand why two people in love are made to feel weird, guilty
- Shoojit Sircar has 'no clue' about film with Shah Rukh Khan
- 'Piku', 'Talvar' have been special to me: Irrfan Khan
- Chose 'Talvar' for Irrfan Khan and Vishal Bharadwaj: Sohum Shah
- Irrfan Khan took one month for 'Talvar' role
“Talvar” also starred Neeraj Kabi and Konkona Sen Sharma.