National award winning actor Irrfan Khan, who has won accolades for his performances in films like ‘Haider, Paan Singh Tomar’ to name a few, says he doesn’t mind being sidelined by Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in their forthcoming movie ‘Jazbaa’.
Eversince the day, director Sanjay Gupta announced Aishwarya as its lead for Jazbaa, everything from the posters, to the plot, her finesse as a lawyer to her emotional motherly turmoils have been focussed on the talented actress.
“Firstly, I don’t see it as her comeback since I never felt she went anywhere. Also, it is not a bad thing to get sidelined. I will like it if I am sidelined by Aishwarya. It is a good thing,” Irrfan Khan told reporters at the film’s trailer launch.
Also given the fact that this is Aishwarya’s first movie post the birth of her daughter Aaradhya, the spotlight is mainly on her but Irrfan Khan also revealed that Aishwarya was one of the primary reasons he signed the film.
“One of the major reasons why I did this film is because of Aishwarya. I was looking forward to understanding and seeing her work from close quarters and it was an exhilarating experience. And you have to admire her because as a real life mother she was taking care of her child and also simultaneously shooting. There is no bigger thing than that,” said Irrfan, who was smart in black trousers, checkered coat.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: I ended up doing my own thing and not following patterns
- Before Blackmail, a look at the box office performance of Irrfan Khan’s last five films
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: I’ve been approached for the remake of Woh Kaun Thi? and Raat Aur Din
- Aaradhya is adorable, says mom Aishwarya Rai’s ‘Jazbaa’ co-star Irrfan Khan
- I am here to redefine things: Irrfan Khan
- Sanjay Gupta wants Aishwarya Rai to sing in ‘Jazbaa’
Jazbaa’s teaser was released at the Cannes film festival in May this year. The movie which also stars Shabana Azmi, Chandan Roy Sanyal will release on October 9.