Indo-American actress Devika Bhise will play the female lead in visionary Indian mathematician Ramanujan biopic, titled ‘The Man Who Knew Infinity’. The film, which stars ‘Slumdog Millionare’ actor Dev Patel as Srinivasa Ramanujan, will see Devika as his wife, Janaki.
Based on the biography of the same name by Robert Kanigel, the film also stars Oscar-winning actor Jeremy Irons, who plays Ramanujan’s mentor, G H Hardy.
“I feel fortunate to be able to portray such a rich character who has had a fascinating life. My extensive training in Bharatanatyam has helped me understand the intricacies of the Tamilian Brahmin Iyengar culture community, which gives me a lot of insight for this particular role,” Devika said in a statement.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Born and raised in Manhattan, the actress previously played the role of the goddess Namagiri in ‘The Partition’, a play based on the book ‘The Man Who Knew Infinity’. Devika has also acted in ‘The Accidental Husband’ (2008) co-starring Uma Thurman and ‘Anamika: Her Glorious Past’ (2006).