Actor-director Kamal Haasan, who led the Indian delegation at the ongoing Cannes film festival, said the country’s pavilion provided a platform for Indian filmmakers to connect with “right” people.
“It is important that the filmmakers of today find the right people to connect with…it is a great initiative on part of the Ministry of I&B and FICCI to develop the programme of the India Pavilion in such a way that many important international names in the film business have been coming to the pavilion – providing Indian filmmakers and delegates at Cannes the rare opportunity to interact with them,” Haasan said in a statement.
He said the international community too will benefit from the knowledge about the Indian film sector that was at their disposal through interactive panel discussions, one-on-one meetings, and from the India Film Guide.
“As an Indian filmmaker, I am proud to have been part of this wonderful endeavour by the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting in making the India Pavilion at Cannes a hub of networking, business and informative interactions to promote partnerships between the Indian film fraternity and the global one,” the 59-year-old Haasan added.
The India Pavilion was inaugurated on May 15 by Indian Ambassador to France Arun K Singh.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest