Wishing his ‘extended family’ on social media a “Happy Independence Day”, megastar Amitabh Bachchan Friday said the country is on the “threshold of great success” and that it gave mankind the vital weapon of ahimsa or non-violence.
The Big B took to his blog to share his thoughts on the day.
He wrote: “Hundreds and thousands fought for this Independence… dying for the nation was a noble act… sacrifices of immense proportions were the call of the hour… and the entire country followed what was prescribed and what not was not.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“Deprived of our independence for over a thousand years, including the Moghul and British periods, we are a new country… just 67 years old! But our strengths and achievements have surprised all… and shall continue to do so.
“We are on the threshold of great success and great forward movement, and we shall achieve this pinnacle of success… a resilient nation, a humble nation, a nation that gave the most important weapon to mankind… ahimsa! We shall win (sic).”