The defence team for Salman Khan, who faces two cases of poaching and illegal use of arms in Rajasthan and who has filed appeals against conviction in two other poaching cases, will reexamine six witnesses in the chief judicial magistrate’s court in Jodhpur on May 28.
Salman Khan is accused of poaching three chinkaras and a black buck near Jodhpur in September-October 1998 while shooting for ‘Hum Saath Saath Hain’. The forest department registered a case under the Arms Act alleging the licenses had expired. Khan has argued he had applied for a renewal.
- Salman Khan's blackbuck poaching case: Timeline
- Will Salman Khan get relief in Arms Act, Black Buck cases?
- I'm both Hindu and Muslim: Salman Khan
- Salman Khan Arms Act case: Rajasthan HC asks lower court to deliver judgement fast
- Salman Khan illegal arms case: Jodhpur court permits new witnesses, defers verdict further
- Salman Khan blackbuck poaching case: On verdict day, prosecution wants to bring new evidence
In the pending black buck case, inquiry officer Lalit Bohra is being cross-examined while in the hearing of the arms act case slated for June 1, the prosecution called for introducing four new witnesses. Last month, the court in Jodhpur was set to pronounce its verdict when the prosecution sought the introduction of new witnesses. Subsequently the defence too has filed a revision petition to recall six witnesses.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In the two chinkara poaching cases, Khan has appealed against sentences of five years and one year respectively.