The defence team for Salman Khan, who faces two cases of poaching and illegal use of arms in Rajasthan and who has filed appeals against conviction in two other poaching cases, will reexamine six witnesses in the chief judicial magistrate’s court in Jodhpur on May 28.
Salman Khan is accused of poaching three chinkaras and a black buck near Jodhpur in September-October 1998 while shooting for ‘Hum Saath Saath Hain’. The forest department registered a case under the Arms Act alleging the licenses had expired. Khan has argued he had applied for a renewal.
- Salman Khan's blackbuck poaching case: Timeline
- Will Salman Khan get relief in Arms Act, Black Buck cases?
- I'm both Hindu and Muslim: Salman Khan
- Salman Khan Arms Act case: Rajasthan HC asks lower court to deliver judgement fast
- Salman Khan illegal arms case: Jodhpur court permits new witnesses, defers verdict further
- Salman Khan blackbuck poaching case: On verdict day, prosecution wants to bring new evidence
In the pending black buck case, inquiry officer Lalit Bohra is being cross-examined while in the hearing of the arms act case slated for June 1, the prosecution called for introducing four new witnesses. Last month, the court in Jodhpur was set to pronounce its verdict when the prosecution sought the introduction of new witnesses. Subsequently the defence too has filed a revision petition to recall six witnesses.
In the two chinkara poaching cases, Khan has appealed against sentences of five years and one year respectively.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More