Filmmaker Imtiaz Ali‘s siblings are on a roll. While Imtiaz’s younger brother Arif Ali made his directorial debut earlier this year with ‘Lekar Hum Deewana Dil’, his youngest brother Sajid Ali is all set to make his directorial debut with a film quirkily titled ‘Banana’.
The film is being produced for Sajid by John Abraham, who at one point of time was supposed to star in ‘Rockstar’, directed by Imtiaz.
Though details about Sajid Ali’s ‘Banana’ are yet to be known, one came to know it is a coming-of-age film set in Jamshedpur, the town where Imtiaz and his two brothers grew up.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
According to a source, “‘Banana’ is a film about friendship, loyalty and love set in Jamshedpur. All the protagonists are 17-year-old. Sajid has shot the entire film in Jamshedpur where incidentally Vikamraditya Motwane had also shot his debut film ‘Udaan’. It’s about the ups and downs of school life.”
Sajid Ali is 12 years junior to Imtiaz Ali.
Confirming the news, he said: “Yes, I’m following my brothers into film direction. I’ve followed them all my life, trying to be like them. They’ve set high standards. But let’s see if I can live up to expectations.”
The movie, which will not feature John, should be out by year-end.