Imtiaz Ali has entertained the masses with his directorials like “Jab We Met” and “Highway” and the director says he expresses himself through cinema.
“Cinema is a way to express myself. I think through cinema I can express my interest or who I am. I consider myself lucky that I work in this field,” Ali told IANS.
Ali described himself as an old-fashioned movie lover.
“I love to watch movies in a theatre. I like the silence in a theatre, and through a movie I take a trip in the story and get absorbed in it. Watching each and every movie is a celebration for me,” he said.
- Imtiaz Ali and Ekta Kapoor ‘reimagine’ the folklore of Laila Majnu
- Imtiaz Ali and his affair with modern romantic cinema
- Bollywood reacts on Swara Bhasker’s open letter on Padmaavat: Art is subjective
- Jab We Met director Imtiaz Ali: Even after a decade, people love its simplicity
- Imtiaz Ali: I would like to change lot of things in Jab We Met
- Imtiaz Ali on 10 years of Jab We Met: Keeping a movie pure is important for it to be remembered
What is his approach to filmmaking?
“I can’t decide that my next project will be of a particular genre… whether it will be a thriller or murder mystery. I don’t believe in making films like that. For me, a story comes naturally then I make it, and then the audience decides what it is. And yes, in my case I hear that most of them are love stories,” said the “Love Aaj Kal” director.
His next project titled “Tamasha” is set to release later this year.