Director Imtiaz Ali, who has teamed up with A R Rahman for his upcoming film ‘Highway’, says the music maestro gets the soul of the story beautifully through his tunes.
‘Highway’ directed by Imtiaz, is a road movie starring Alia Bhatt and Randeep Hooda who traverse through six states of north India in the course of the film.
The movie song ‘Maahi Ve’ written by Irshad Kamil, is a soft romantic number sung by Rahman in his inimitable soulful way. Rahman had earlier worked for Imtiaz’s ‘Rockstar’. The film’s music will be available on T-Series.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“‘Maahi Ve’ is coming more from Rahman sir than from Irshad or me. It (song) was not a part of the original brief but I cannot imagine the film or the album of ‘Highway’
without it,” Imtiaz said.
“This is one of the songs that Rahman sir makes and one wonders how he gets the soul of the story so beautifully,” he said.
‘Highway’, produced by Window Seat Films and presented by Sajid Nadiadwala, will be released worldwide by UTV Motion Pictures on February 21.