Bollywood actor Imran Khan is all set to romance actress Kangana Ranaut in Nikhil Advani’s ‘Katti Batti’.
The ‘D-Day’ director made an announcement on Twitter saying he is excited about his fourth film in Bollywood.
— Nikhil Advani (@nickadvani) July 30, 2014
Kangana, who will be seen as Payal in the film, feels that the story will strike a chord with the new generation.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Writers have used elements like the battle of the sexes, issues of urban couples, expanded truth and non-linear narrative. We have UTV as the producers and I have worked with them in ‘Fashion’ and ‘Life in a Metro’, two of my most memorable films,” Kangana said in a statement.
Imran, who will be essaying the role of Maddy, is eagerly waiting to start shooting for the film.
“My last outing with UTV was ‘Delhi Belly’ and we have worked together on many films like ‘Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na’, ‘I Hate Luv Storys’ and ‘Ek Main aur Ekk Tu’. We hope to recreate the magic with ‘Katti Batti’. Nikhil is a great story teller and Kangana is one of the finest actors of our generation,” Imran said.
Nikhil thinks the casting of the film is apt, going by its story line. “I am elated by this casting combination as it is a dream to work with Kangana. Her body of work has not dulled her ability to bring humility to her craft. Imran is drawing from new personal experiences and emotions and brings with him a fresh approach,” Nikhil said.
The film is about new age relationships. “It’s a most unusual love story steeped in the culture and language of today’s relationships. We wanted to make sure that the script gets the right director and cast. We are thrilled to have Nikhil, Imran and Kangana on board for the film,” said Siddharth Roy Kapur, Managing Director, Disney India.
Imran Khan has not had a good run at the box office off late and his last hit was in 2011 – ‘Mere Brother Ki Dulhan’ with Latrina Kaif and Ali zafar. The actor has received flak for his four back to back flops – Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu, Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola, Once Upon Ay Time In Mumbai Dobaara and the very latest Gori Tere Pyaar Mein.
Meanwhile, actress Kangana Ranaut has enjoyed a good spell at the box office recently for her film ‘Queen’. However, her last release ‘Revolver Rani’ too did not garner the same response.
Nikhil Advani is currently filming Sooraj Pancholi and Athya Shetty’s ‘Hero’, which is produced by Salman Khan. The film is currently in its post production.
‘Katti Batti’ is in sync with the unique pairing trend that has started in Bollywood. Deepika Padukone will be romancing Irrfan Khan in Shoojit Sircar’s ‘Piku’, Alia will be romancing Ranbir in Ayan Mukherjee’s next and Rajkummar Rao will be seen opposite Sonam in Dolly Ki Doli. (With PTI inputs)