Bollywood actor Imran Khan is all set to romance actress Kangana Ranaut in Nikhil Advani’s ‘Katti Batti’.
The ‘D-Day’ director made an announcement on Twitter saying he is excited about his fourth film in Bollywood.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
— Nikhil Advani (@nickadvani) July 30, 2014
Kangana, who will be seen as Payal in the film, feels that the story will strike a chord with the new generation.
“Writers have used elements like the battle of the sexes, issues of urban couples, expanded truth and non-linear narrative. We have UTV as the producers and I have worked with them in ‘Fashion’ and ‘Life in a Metro’, two of my most memorable films,” Kangana said in a statement.
Imran, who will be essaying the role of Maddy, is eagerly waiting to start shooting for the film.
“My last outing with UTV was ‘Delhi Belly’ and we have worked together on many films like ‘Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na’, ‘I Hate Luv Storys’ and ‘Ek Main aur Ekk Tu’. We hope to recreate the magic with ‘Katti Batti’. Nikhil is a great story teller and Kangana is one of the finest actors of our generation,” Imran said.
Nikhil thinks the casting of the film is apt, going by its story line. “I am elated by this casting combination as it is a dream to work with Kangana. Her body of work has not dulled her ability to bring humility to her craft. Imran is drawing from new personal experiences and emotions and brings with him a fresh approach,” Nikhil said.
The film is about new age relationships. “It’s a most unusual love story steeped in the culture and language of today’s relationships. We wanted to make sure that the script gets the right director and cast. We are thrilled to have Nikhil, Imran and Kangana on board for the film,” said Siddharth Roy Kapur, Managing Director, Disney India.
Imran Khan has not had a good run at the box office off late and his last hit was in 2011 – ‘Mere Brother Ki Dulhan’ with Latrina Kaif and Ali zafar. The actor has received flak for his four back to back flops – Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu, Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola, Once Upon Ay Time In Mumbai Dobaara and the very latest Gori Tere Pyaar Mein.
Meanwhile, actress Kangana Ranaut has enjoyed a good spell at the box office recently for her film ‘Queen’. However, her last release ‘Revolver Rani’ too did not garner the same response.
Nikhil Advani is currently filming Sooraj Pancholi and Athya Shetty’s ‘Hero’, which is produced by Salman Khan. The film is currently in its post production.
‘Katti Batti’ is in sync with the unique pairing trend that has started in Bollywood. Deepika Padukone will be romancing Irrfan Khan in Shoojit Sircar’s ‘Piku’, Alia will be romancing Ranbir in Ayan Mukherjee’s next and Rajkummar Rao will be seen opposite Sonam in Dolly Ki Doli. (With PTI inputs)