Actor Imran Khan, who has lent his voice to a character in the Hindi version of animation film ‘Rio 2’, says he is not keen on acting in Hollywood as not many good roles are written for Indian actors there.
“I absolutely have no interest in working in Hollywood. I think you (Indian actors) get to be the nurse, someone who repairs computer or hero’s roommate, etc. I think they (Hollywood filmmakers) don’t write good roles for Indians,” Imran Khan told PTI in an interview.
However, actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Anil Kapoor, Irrfan Khan have no qualms about doing small roles in a big international film.
“Every actor will make a choice that is correct for them. The kind of roles that are offered to Indian actors are not very interesting. With no disrespect to anyone I think one gets to do a glorified special appearance. So no interest, I am very happy to work in India,” Imran said. (See Pics: Imran Khan, Sonakshi at Rio 2 trailer launch)
When asked if he would accept a decent role in a Hollywood film, he said, “As an actor if there is a very exciting role, I would be very happy to do it. But my observation, as I said earlier, is that those roles don’t come to Indians. They come to us when they need to sell their film in Hindi.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
‘Rio 2’, the sequel to 2011’s hit Hollywood animation flick, will see Imran and Sonakshi Sinha featuring as the main voices of Blu and Jewel respectively in the dubbed Hindi version releasing on April 11.
Imran had seen ‘Rio’ and found it fantastic, but dubbing for a cartoon character in a Hollywood film was a different experience for him.
“It was a little odd because normally when you are dubbing, you are seeing your own face. You have to match it to the timing. The first day I had to guess when to move my lips and when to speak so it matches correctly,” Imran said.
‘Rio 2’ is an adventure comedy set in the Brazilian city of Rio De Janeiro. The movie will feature the return of Blu, Jewel and their three kids who leave their domesticated life for a journey to Amazon rainforest.