Actor Imran Khan, who has lent his voice to a character in the Hindi version of animation film ‘Rio 2’, says he is not keen on acting in Hollywood as not many good roles are written for Indian actors there.
“I absolutely have no interest in working in Hollywood. I think you (Indian actors) get to be the nurse, someone who repairs computer or hero’s roommate, etc. I think they (Hollywood filmmakers) don’t write good roles for Indians,” Imran Khan told PTI in an interview.
However, actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Anil Kapoor, Irrfan Khan have no qualms about doing small roles in a big international film.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Every actor will make a choice that is correct for them. The kind of roles that are offered to Indian actors are not very interesting. With no disrespect to anyone I think one gets to do a glorified special appearance. So no interest, I am very happy to work in India,” Imran said. (See Pics: Imran Khan, Sonakshi at Rio 2 trailer launch)
When asked if he would accept a decent role in a Hollywood film, he said, “As an actor if there is a very exciting role, I would be very happy to do it. But my observation, as I said earlier, is that those roles don’t come to Indians. They come to us when they need to sell their film in Hindi.”
‘Rio 2’, the sequel to 2011’s hit Hollywood animation flick, will see Imran and Sonakshi Sinha featuring as the main voices of Blu and Jewel respectively in the dubbed Hindi version releasing on April 11.
Imran had seen ‘Rio’ and found it fantastic, but dubbing for a cartoon character in a Hollywood film was a different experience for him.
“It was a little odd because normally when you are dubbing, you are seeing your own face. You have to match it to the timing. The first day I had to guess when to move my lips and when to speak so it matches correctly,” Imran said.
‘Rio 2’ is an adventure comedy set in the Brazilian city of Rio De Janeiro. The movie will feature the return of Blu, Jewel and their three kids who leave their domesticated life for a journey to Amazon rainforest.