Actress Sonam Kapoor says she is “emotionally attached” to her forthcoming film “Neerja”, a biopic on Neerja Bhanot, a valiant flight attendant who saved a number of lives in a plane hijack incident.
“I am very emotionally attached to this film. I met Neerja’s mother in 2015 and it was an emotional moment for me. I want this film to reach to the widest audience so that people get to know who Neerja was,” Sonam said here.
“I am thankful that I got this opportunity to play this role. I only hope this film reaches everyone,” she added.
- Mubarakan actor Arjun Kapoor: Sonam Kapoor is my favourite cousin
- My best is yet to come: Sonam Kapoor
- Sonam Kapoor campaigns against fear
- Sonam Kapoor's Neerja: Story of a girl's extraordinary courage
- Sonam Kapoor gets emotional at 'Neerja' trailer launch
- Sonam Kapoor unveils her upcoming movie 'Neerja's logo
The Ram Madhvani-directorial features Sonam as Neerja, a Pan Am chief purser who was gunned down by terrorists when Flight 73 was hijacked to Karachi in 1986. She saved a number of lives but lost her own.
Sonam, daughter of veteran actor Anil Kapoor, said she has a lot to achieve in her journey in filmdom.
“As an actress, I still have to achieve a lot. I have a long way to go. I only want people to know me for my work and films.”