Actress Priyanka Chopra has been lauded by many for her singing skills, but she feels shy about it and credits actor-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar for encouraging her to sing.
She has collaborated with international musicians like Pitbull and Will.i.am in the past, but she is still shy about singing.
“I am shy about my singing. Farhan Akhtar has been encouraging me to sing since we were shooting ‘Don’. He is one of the first to encourage me to sing. We used to jam together,” Priyanka said after the screening of “Dil Dhadakne Do” here at the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Weekend and Awards here.
- Farhan Akhtar didn't want Aamir Khan to play Akash in Dil Chahta Hai. Here's who was his first choice
- I am over worked and under paid for Lip Sing Battle: Farah Khan
- Raksha Bandhan: Farhan Akhtar shares an adorable throwback moment with sister Zoya Akhtar, see photo
- Priyanka Chopra sings for Anushka Sharma in 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Priyanka and I have sung together in 'Dil Dhadakne Do: Farhan Akhtar
- Priyanka Chopra croons for Dil Dhadakne Do
The duo has even sung the title track of “Dil Dhadakne Do” together.
“I don’t compete with him. I wish I had the guts to do rock shows like him,” she said.
Farhan was also all praise for her.
“I’ve always told her that she has a great voice. Her voice has an expressive quality. Even if you just listen to the audio, you can see her performing it,” said Farhan.