National award-winning actress Vidya Balan is thrilled at being selected for the Padma Shri, saying it is a matter of “great pride” for her.
Dedicating the honour to her family, an emotionally overwhelmed she said, “I’m thrilled. I’m overjoyed. I’m overwhelmed. I’m honoured. I’m humbled…! I’m running out of words to express my feelings and gratitude.”
Vidya Balan is known for portraying strong female protagonists in films like ‘Paa’, ‘Ishqiya’, ‘No One Killed Jessica’, ‘The Dirty Picture’ and ‘Kahaani’.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“To be receiving this honour from the government of my country is a matter of great pride for me and I dedicate this award to my family who make me, me!,” she went to add.
Veteran actor Paresh Rawal, who has also been honoured with Padma Shri, said he was happy that his hard work of so many years is being acknowledged.
“It is also the hardwork of so many people that has made me the actor I am today. Any award given to me by my country makes me happy,” he said.
The actor has starred in several films including some recent movies such as ‘Road to Sangam’, ‘Oh My God’, ‘Hera Pheri’, ‘Sir’ and ‘Sardar’.