Bollywood veteran Shatrughan Sinha was presented IIFA Lifetime achievement award by his daughter and actress Sonakshi Sinha for his outstanding contribution to Indian cinema.
‘Dabaang’ fame actress Sonakshi and actor Anil Kapoor jointly presented the award to Sinha, who has acted in more than 200 Hindi movies and also in Punjabi and Bangla cinema.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Sonakshi Sinha posted the picture with the caption, “Shatrugan Sinha and his two Lifetime Achievement awards.”
Mayor of Tampa Bay Bob Buckhorm joined them in bestowing award to the 67-year-old actor, who is also known by the name “Shotgun Sinha”.
Sinha dedicated the award to the people of Bihar in general and Patna in particular.
“Patna, my birth place, is my strength as well as weakness…I am here today only because of love and affection of my people,” Sinha, popularly known as “Bihari Babu”, said turning nostalgic.
The actor-turned politician who served as health minister in NDA government of Atal Bihari Vajpayee exhorted younger generation to keep away from drugs and shun use of tobacco.
He said: “if you can’t prove yourself better than others prove yourself different from them.”
Sinha, who is contesting Lok Sabha election from Patna Sahib seat in Bihar where voting took place on April 17, said the very name of BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi generates excitement among people in America.
“While delivering speech after receiving IIFA awards at Raymond James stadium in Tampa, Florida in the US when I told the audience that I have come to the function midway through the general election where BJP is surging ahead to come to power audience broke into excitement,” Sinha said.