Bollywood actors Anil Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Sonakshi Sinha have intended to put Indian cinema and culture at the forefront at the ongoing International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards which made its US debut.
“I am excited to be here. I had been to Florida, Miami several times but it is the first time I came to Tampa Bay and I loved this place. I feel we Indians have invaded the city.
“This is going to be blockbuster weekend… It will be magical. It is important to be told how our cinema transcends borders and reaches people. It is celebration of India, Indian cinema,” Priyanka said at IIFA weekend opening press conference.
“It is celebration of Indian cinema and crossing borders it is not just for us but for the entire world,” Priyanka said.
Both Priyanka and Kapoor had took a three-day tour to Los Angeles, Tampa Bay and New York, earlier this year to create a buzz about the 15th edition of the awards extravaganza.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“It is a wonderful experience being here. We will make this IIFA weekend unforgettable and historic weekend and it will turn out to be memorable. We intend to give people an opportunity to witness one of the finest celebrations of culture and cinema,” Kapoor said.
Sonakshi, who attended IIFA in 2010 in Sri Lanka, said she is happy to be back in the Bollywood extravaganza.
“I am so happy to be here. I was grumpy after flying for around 32 houre… But when I landed here I felt so good.
I was roaming around… Went for shopping. I am here to entertain all. It will be fabulous weekend.
“I made my debut in IIFA in 2010, Sri Lanka. It feels like coming back home. I am glad to be here again. I am sure we are going to rock this time,” she said.
Ustad Rahat Fateh Ali Khan’s album ‘Back 2 love’ was also unveiled in presence of Kapoor, Counsel General of India Ajit Kumar and others. The album has ten romantic love songs.
The four-day extravaganza which has been extended to four days this year began with IIFA Stomp on April 23, which recreated the vibrant magic of Indian music, dance and food in America.