IIFA 2014 seems to have been caught in yet another controversy. The award ceremony to be held in the U.S. recently had to undergo a change in schedule since April 24 was declared as the voting day for citizens residing in Mumbai.
However, now the organisers of IIFA, Wizcraft have been sued for $7 million by Florida based travel agent Akarsh Kolaprath. A lawsuit has been filed against them for breach of trust.
As per the deal, Kolaprath signed with Viraf Sarkari and Andre Timmins of Wizcraft three years ago, he was supposedly helping out the company in organizing the finances and making arrangements for the award ceremony to be held in U.S., which included accommodation for celebrities.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
Amidst this time span, Kolaprath claims to have spent $2,65,000 on fulfilling travel requirements and consultation for the ceremony. However, leaving Kolaprath, Wizcraft has apparently now opted for making their own booking without giving a valid reason to Akarsh due to which his agency 7M tours has suffered heavy losses.
Akarsh revealed that his company had reported a loss of more than $ 4 Million on hotel cancellation due to the change in dates that happened due to the ongoing elections. He has also demanded the 3 per cent of the revenue that Wizcraft was to share when it earns $17.5 million through the function.
Also, his yet another claim includes the revenues to be paid to him that were earned in excess of $17.5 million.
However, Sabas Joseph, director of Wizcraft maintained that the claims of Kolaprath are false and that they will respond to this matter appropriately before the court.