IIFA 2014 seems to have been caught in yet another controversy. The award ceremony to be held in the U.S. recently had to undergo a change in schedule since April 24 was declared as the voting day for citizens residing in Mumbai.
However, now the organisers of IIFA, Wizcraft have been sued for $7 million by Florida based travel agent Akarsh Kolaprath. A lawsuit has been filed against them for breach of trust.
As per the deal, Kolaprath signed with Viraf Sarkari and Andre Timmins of Wizcraft three years ago, he was supposedly helping out the company in organizing the finances and making arrangements for the award ceremony to be held in U.S., which included accommodation for celebrities.
Amidst this time span, Kolaprath claims to have spent $2,65,000 on fulfilling travel requirements and consultation for the ceremony. However, leaving Kolaprath, Wizcraft has apparently now opted for making their own booking without giving a valid reason to Akarsh due to which his agency 7M tours has suffered heavy losses.
Akarsh revealed that his company had reported a loss of more than $ 4 Million on hotel cancellation due to the change in dates that happened due to the ongoing elections. He has also demanded the 3 per cent of the revenue that Wizcraft was to share when it earns $17.5 million through the function.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Also, his yet another claim includes the revenues to be paid to him that were earned in excess of $17.5 million.
However, Sabas Joseph, director of Wizcraft maintained that the claims of Kolaprath are false and that they will respond to this matter appropriately before the court.