Finally, director-turned-talk show host Karan Johar who is infamous for putting people on the spot on his popular chat show ‘Koffee With Karan’ got a taste of his own medicine.
The new talk show host in town, Niranjan Iyengar let KJo spill the beans on his show as the director spoke about his relationship with Shah Rukh Khan, films et al.
Talking about the rumours about a failed friendship with his close friend Shah Rukh Khan, Karan said: “I feel very exhausted about constantly justifying about what I feel for him and what he feels for me. The world has made this relationship go through too much turbulence. If it was left to just him and me, we would always be the force to reckon with. Unfortunately, other forces have come in and tried to dilute the impact of our force. And its made sometimes things a bit awkward and uncomfortable. But, at the end of the day if he calls me today and asks me to drop my life and career for him, I would do it without a beep, without a thought. If he asks me to be there for him unconditionally for one month, one year, ten years, I would do that unconditionally. And I think he would do the same for me.”
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
KJo also admitted to becoming more easier especially with himself now. “I’ve become a lot more indifferent to things that I was giving too much importance to, some people. I’ve let go. I’ve let them go out of my life. I feel like I’ve cleaned the clutter.”
“I solidly believe that if you lose me in your life, it’s your loss because I’m all about the people I know. I’m all about the relationships I build. So all the people who have forced me to let go of them, I believe it’s their loss.”
Further talking about his popularity, without blinking an eyelid, Karan johar says he feels burdened. “I think initially it was me trying to be Miss Congeniality. I think it’s the only child syndrome.. you want to kind of accumulate a lot of love around you that probably your family doesn’t offer. Over the years that became part of my personality. And finally today I feel exhausted. Like I feel I don’t want to be so nice anymore. I don’t want to pick up the phone on anyone. I don’t want to be there for everyone. But, because I’m Gemini, and you get two for the price of one, constantly tussling two parts of me – one part that wants to stick to exactly who I am and have been, and one part that wants to create a new me and set that as the standard for the next decade.”
The director revealed that for about a decade of his life he’s been somebody else. “I have lied through my teeth, faked praise, brushing an issue under the carpet, acknowledging somebody’s brilliance but actually feeling quite envious of it but not projecting envy but trying to show a large-heartedness.”
Karan also revealed that he did think about getting a dog or a child to combat loneliness, as he’s not thinking of settling down. “Sounds retarded but those are my only two options,” he said.
Talking about his infamous Twitter fight with filmmaker Ram gopal Varma, Kjo said: “With Ram Gopal Varma, its like such a last season problem. That ‘bechara’ I don’t even want to talk about him anymore.”
With Anurag, it was a similar thing. He was angsty and he felt that Adi and I were poster boys of Bubblegum and he like the poster boy of depression.” KJo then shared the incident where he met Anurag at a cultural function and the duo hugged. “We’ve worked on a film together. And today he’s even directed me in a full fledged film,” says Karan smilingly.
Karan will be seen in Anurag Kashyap’s Bombay Velvet which releases later this year.
On his equation with filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali, “I have an indifferent relationship with Sanjay Bhansali. It used to be love and appreciation but over a period of time I think his expectation of me was not something that I was matching up to. And today, I just think he’s gone into a space of negativity.”