Actor Kartik Aaryan, who shot to fame with director Luv Ranjan’s romantic comedy film “Pyaar Ka Punchnama”, says he would love to play an anti-hero a la superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s character from “Baazigar”.
“If there is a remake of ‘Baazigar’, I would love to play a role like Shah Rukh sir. I would love to play an anti-hero. I feel that apart from comical roles, I should also explore romance, action, but slowly,” Kartik said.
Kartik was nominated for the Best Actor in a Comic Role category of TOIFA, but he lost to Deepak Dobriyal, who impressed critics and audiences alike in “Tanu Weds Manu Returns”.
Making people laugh is “difficult” for actors, believes Kartik, who wants to be a part of content-driven films as well those entertainers which help him connect better with his fans.
“If there is more relatability in a film, people or fans like you even more,” added the actor, whose henpecked character in “Pyaar Ka Punchnama” and its sequel won him a lot of fans.
- Guest Iin London actor Kartik Aaryan all set to open his own football centre in Gwalior
- Guest Iin London actor Kartik Aaryan says no one turns him away in film industry
- Guest Iin London actor Kartik Aaryan: It’s wrong to glamourise one’s struggle
- Kartik Aaryan to surprise fans with diverse roles
- Would love to do 'Pyaar Ka Punchnama 3': Kartik Aaryan
- Was tough to unlearn 'Pyaar Ka Punchnama' monologue: Kartik Aaryan
Talking about his popularity, Kartik said: “My fans mean everything to me. They are the ones who have made me what I am right now. I hope this fan following never stops. It is such a beautiful thing that I have got a fan following of men and female both and that too after an anti-love film.”
His fans were eager to get themselves clicked with him at at an award event, and he was happy to pose with them as well as take selfies with them.