Producer-director Atul Agnihotri says he would never make a film without his superstar brother-in-law Salman Khan. “I have reached out to Salman for support. I would never do a film that will not have Salman in it. He is an important part of my life. His guidance, support, instinct is something that matters to me the most. He has an eye for talent and why not use this as a resource,” Atul, 43, told PTI.
“It is always a great advantage to have him as a family. You definitely get access to him. He is a great actor, star and a wonderful human being. There are no disadvantages,” he added.
Salman Khan had first heard the script of ‘O Teri’, followed by Atul, who eventually decided come on board as the producer of the film.
“I look at it as his good advice…I took this project on his insistence is a wrong thing to say. We heard the script, liked it and it was a right script for me to back,” Atul said.
Salman Khan will be doing a special song in ‘O Teri’ for which he has already shot.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“We wanted to do something that will be worthy of his contribution. We wanted something that should have a shelf life,” the filmmaker said.
When asked if it is easy to convince Salman to come on board, Atul said, “I do get an access to communicate with him easily. I have an opportunity to talk and discuss things with him more often. I love and respect the advantage that I have. But I should satisfy his requirement, that is important.”
Atul added a few elements in ‘O Teri’ to make it more entertaining. “I tried to add scale to the film like action, song, dance, thrill, etc and make it into a good entertaining package for the audience,” he added.
Starring Pulkit Samrat, newcomer Bilal Amrohi, Sarah Jane Dias and others, ‘O Teri’ is slated to release on March 28.