Nicole Kidman starrer Grace Kelly biopic ‘Grace of Monaco’ will open the 67th Cannes film festival on May 14 this year.
The film is directed French helmer Olivier Dahan and co-produced by Uday Chopra of Yash Raj Films, Pierre-Ange le Pogam and Arash Amel. The Weinstein Company is distributing the film in the US.
“I guess today, after viewing the film, The Cannes Film Festival agrees with our belief in the movie and shares in our excitement. I feel proud that YRF Entertainment in its first release in Hollywood has managed to reach this milestone. My only regret is that my dad (Yash Chopra) is not alive to see this happen,” Uday said in a statement.
The film will screen out of competition in Cannes’ Official Selection. The movie is facing delay in its release after TWC pulled it from its release schedule in March this year. Dahan has hinted that he is at odds with Harvey Weinstein over some changes in the biopic.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The film stars Kidman as Hollywood star-turned-princess, who married Prince Rainier III in 1956. Rainier is played by Tim Roth in the movie.
An Oscar winner, Kelly was a huge film star, having worked with John Ford, Alfred Hitchcock and Fred Zinnemann when she married Rainier. She was invited back to Hollywood by Hitchcock to star in his new film ‘Marnie’ but that was the time when France was threatening to tax and even annex Monaco.
The film narrates how the 33-year-old star maneuvered through a political minefield to resolve the situation.