I will stand when I hear our National Anthem being played: Farhan Akhtar

Actor Farhan Akhtar shared his thoughts on standing up in attention while the national anthem is being played.

Written by Sonup Sahadevan | Mumbai | Updated: December 2, 2015 6:57 pm
Farhan Akhtar, Farhan Akhtar news, national anthem, national anthem news, Farhan Akhtar latest news, Farhan Akhtar movies, Farhan Akhtar upcoming movies, entertainment news Farhan Akhtar said, “Personally if I hear the national anthem being played, I will stand because it evokes a certain respect in me.”

Actor Farhan Akhtar today shared his thoughts on standing up in attention while the national anthem is being played. Talking about himself and how he would respond when he hears our national anthem being played, Farhan said, “Personally if I hear the national anthem being played, I will stand because it evokes a certain respect in me.”
Watch Video (app users click here)

The ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ actor, however, refused to pass his opinion on the recent episode where a family was forced to leave a multiplex for not standing while the national anthem was being played.

“There is a Supreme Court ruling as to what a person should do when the national anthem is being played. It is up to each individual to decide whether they want to follow or not follow the ruling. Supreme Court is supreme court and their judgement is there for anyone to follow or challenge if they want to,” said Farhan.

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App

Sirius
    Dec 2, 2015 at 1:13 pm
    Agree with you entirely, Mr. Akhtar. The National Anthem fills us all with pride. Standing attention happens almost naturally ...
    (0)(0)
      Rajesh
      Dec 2, 2015 at 1:08 pm
      I cannot believe this is even a controversy. We are actually discussing whether we should respect our national anthem or not. Shameless "seculars" will happily sell their motherland if they can get a few extra votes.
      (0)(0)
        Dinesh Singh
        Dec 2, 2015 at 1:07 pm
        No bhakt comment on this? strange. You wonder why.
        (0)(0)
          PKR
          Dec 2, 2015 at 1:56 pm
          The main issue is there is no counter to Farhans nationalism from sickulars and libtards!!How could Farhan stand up in a country of Aqlaq and Batala?
          (0)(0)
            Me Marathi
            Dec 2, 2015 at 2:12 pm
            Now , all over India , a vigil should be kept on who dis-respect our National Anthem. Those like in Mumbai episode should be jailed .
            (0)(0)