Anupam Kher feels his wife Kirron, BJP’s Lok Sabha nominee from Chandigarh, has the qualities to make a great politician and the veteran actor says he would “definitely” campaign for her.
“I am not associated with any political party. I have only campaigned once that was 25 years ago. But I have known Kirron since 1974. For many years she was my friend and she has been my wife for 28 years. If I campaign for anybody that would only be Kirron and I will definitely go,” Anupam, who was in the city to promote his upcoming film ‘Gang of Ghosts’, said. The 59-year-old actor believes that Kirron would accomplish great things as a politician.
“She is a fantastic friend, wife and a mother. She is a very good wife and she would be a great politician. I am very proud that she is fighting elections from Chandigarh. She is from Chandigarh and I wish her great luck,” he said.
‘Gang of Ghosts’, directed by Satish Kaushik, is a remake of Bengali blockbuster ‘Bhooter Bhabishyat’. It is slated to release on March 21.
Besides Anupam, the comedy also features Sharman Joshi, Mahie Gill, Rajpal Yadav, Chunky Pandey, Saurabh Shukla and sister newcomer Meera Chopra, who is a distant cousin of actresses Priyanka and Parineeti Chopra.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“(The film) is a comedy of characters. It is not a slapstick or situational comedy. The great thing about it is that usually one feels scared about a ghost movie. But here you will fall in love with them. We were lucky and fortunate that we were surrounded by brilliant actors,” Anupam said.
Anupam Kher lauded his longtime friend Satish Kaushik for his acting and filmmaking skills. “I have known him since 1975 from National School of Drama days. After so many years, it is fun to work with him. He is a brilliant director, and a very good actor, We both like to eat. So when all of it gets together, the end product is great,” he said.
Anupam feels that humour serves as an incredible stress buster, which is the reason he constantly endeavours to make his fans laugh.
“I love to do comedy as there is too much tragedy in our personal lives. I like to make people laugh because in today’s time, we are living in a world where there is constant competition. You are made to feel an underachiever. So through comedy, I try to make them laugh. It is my contribution in their lives,” he said.
“Also I don’t take myself so seriously, so it’s fun to make people laugh. You spread warmth, love and happiness and if I am the cause of somebody’s happiness, I will be very happy,” he added.
The actor may have proved his comic skills many times in his previous films, but he still considers it as a difficult job.
“It is difficult to make people laugh as it involves the physical reactions from the audience. To make people laugh, you need to have a correct sense of timing and concept. So it’s is difficult,” he said.