Prasoon Joshi: I will not praise Sunny Leone’s profession and don’t want youth to get inspired by it

Prasoon Joshi said, "I don't respect Sunny Leone's profession. But because of that to make a person feel as an accused and disrespect her is not something that one should do."

Written by Sonup Sahadevan | Mumbai | Updated: January 27, 2016 10:30 pm
sunny leone, Prasoon Joshi, sunny leone profession, sunny leone news, sunny leone movie, Prasoon Joshi sunny leone, sunny leone upcoming movies, entertainment news Criticising her choices and terming it as wrong, Prasoon Joshi said, “I would like to say that you can have a comment on someone’s professional choice. Because it is not necessary that every profession has to be a good one and if it is not a good profession, it should be criticised.”

At the recent celebrations of the 10th anniversary of Rang De Basanti when Aamir Khan was asked about Bollywood actress Sunny Leone, the actor gracefully said that he had no problems in working with her in a film. While the question was addressed only to Aamir, writer Prasoon Joshi aired his views on Sunny Leone and her past adult profession.

Criticising her choices and terming it as wrong, Prasoon Joshi said, “I would like to say that you can have a comment on someone’s professional choice. Because it is not necessary that every profession has to be a good one and if it is not a good profession, it should be criticised. I would like to say this. Sometimes we start praising a profession to the skies. It is important that the profession which is connected to our lives should do great work for the society. It should do something positive for the society.” (Read: Wasn’t comfortable with few scenes in ‘Mastizaade’: Sunny Leone)

Prasoon Joshi made it clear that while he has no respect for Sunny Leone’s past profession, he wouldn’t disrespect the actress. “I don’t respect Sunny Leone’s profession. I wouldn’t want our youth to get inspired by her profession. But because of that to make a person feel as an accused and disrespect her is not something that one should do. But this should not be taken to mean that if someone is a drug dealer by profession that should be seen as his personal work. I will not respect that profession. And I will say that you shouldn’t be doing this. But that doesn’t mean that when that comes before me will I disrespect him or her. I wouldn’t. My culture doesn’t allow me. But I will not praise her profession. If there is a profession which doesn’t play a constructive role in building a great society we need to criticise it as well. It’s a free society. People have choices to make, and if choices are not great those should be criticised. Somewhere one should draw a fine line.”

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App

mr no
    May 2, 2016 at 8:47 pm
    yeah really her profession is too bad
      Rajesh
      Jan 27, 2016 at 8:12 am
      Why? P-rn movies have better scripts and more natural acting that Bollywood films.
        Ashwini Kandlikar
        Feb 4, 2016 at 11:22 am
        Finally a sane guy who has the courage to call a spade a spade.... Respect!!!
          khan ZUHAIB
          Jan 27, 2016 at 5:41 pm
          Respect others you will be respected
          1. C
            Chandran
            Feb 8, 2016 at 2:44 pm
            How does he say that she didn't do anything constructive and he did only constructive things ???
            1. C
              Chandran
              Feb 8, 2016 at 2:41 pm
              I don't understand what nonsense this guy is speaking, by the way who is fellow and where did he come from? Did he say he will not respect what work mafia does but he will respect mafia dons like dawood?
              1. H
                Hari
                Jan 27, 2016 at 8:30 am
                Such dirtiest films should be banned in India. stan is more sensible than India by banning this film but politicians of this country are busy in useless thing and are destroying Indian culture completely. Indian audience should reject these films.
                  prashanth
                  Jan 27, 2016 at 8:34 am
                  She is far more respectable than you guys in the bollywood. We all know what you do in the guise of art. At least she has done everything in the open. Not like you guys. What is constructive about bollywood. Nothing. Just because you are a good writer doesnt give you the right to discredit others. This is intolerance ask aamir. RESPECT FOR SUNNY LEONE