Actor Ali Fazal has decided to be a part of solo lead films following the success of his last release ‘Bobby Jasoos’.
The 27-year-old actor, who started his career in Bollywood with multi-starrers including ‘3 Idiots’ and ‘Fukrey’, said he would like to do bigger roles now.
“My next two films will have me in lead roles and that show people are putting trust in me. All my earlier films were either multi-starrer or did not have me in the prime focus but I would now want to change that. I will refrain from doing small roles and films with more than one hero,” Ali told PTI in an interview.
Ali’s upcoming films include Mahesh Bhatt’s production ‘Khamoshiyan’ and ‘Sonali Cable’. In both the films, the actor will be playing the protagonist.
“I admire Bhatts, they are amazing and the way they are guiding us is fabulous. With ‘Khamoshiyan’, I am moving away from huge-cast films and I hope I get better roles from now,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The actor even turned down his debut Hollywood TV drama ‘Homeland’ for the films. “I don’t regret leaving ‘Homeland’ because I wanted to work with the Bhatts. The dates were clashing and I had to make a choice. My first preference is Bollywood and will always be,” said the young star, who has done a cameo in Hollywood film ‘Fast and Furious 7’.
Ali says he never expected to bag a role in the Hollywood action movie and though it is a small appearance, he feels honoured to be associated with such a huge franchise.
“‘Fast & Furious’ is Hollywood’s ‘Dabangg’. It is that big there, so it obviously feels amazing to have played a part in it. The role is small but very interesting. People will see me in full Hollywood accent and the character is not like typical Indian character,” he said.
The actor is in no mood to have a long innings in Hollywood and is content with small roles and cameos.
“I don’t see a full-fledged career in Hollywood. I am happy with the cameos. Even Tom Cruise will only do special appearances in our films; he wouldn’t do a full hero movie. But it’s good to act in different cinema,” Ali said.