Actor Ali Fazal has decided to be a part of solo lead films following the success of his last release ‘Bobby Jasoos’.
The 27-year-old actor, who started his career in Bollywood with multi-starrers including ‘3 Idiots’ and ‘Fukrey’, said he would like to do bigger roles now.
“My next two films will have me in lead roles and that show people are putting trust in me. All my earlier films were either multi-starrer or did not have me in the prime focus but I would now want to change that. I will refrain from doing small roles and films with more than one hero,” Ali told PTI in an interview.
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
Ali’s upcoming films include Mahesh Bhatt’s production ‘Khamoshiyan’ and ‘Sonali Cable’. In both the films, the actor will be playing the protagonist.
“I admire Bhatts, they are amazing and the way they are guiding us is fabulous. With ‘Khamoshiyan’, I am moving away from huge-cast films and I hope I get better roles from now,” he said.
The actor even turned down his debut Hollywood TV drama ‘Homeland’ for the films. “I don’t regret leaving ‘Homeland’ because I wanted to work with the Bhatts. The dates were clashing and I had to make a choice. My first preference is Bollywood and will always be,” said the young star, who has done a cameo in Hollywood film ‘Fast and Furious 7’.
Ali says he never expected to bag a role in the Hollywood action movie and though it is a small appearance, he feels honoured to be associated with such a huge franchise.
“‘Fast & Furious’ is Hollywood’s ‘Dabangg’. It is that big there, so it obviously feels amazing to have played a part in it. The role is small but very interesting. People will see me in full Hollywood accent and the character is not like typical Indian character,” he said.
The actor is in no mood to have a long innings in Hollywood and is content with small roles and cameos.
“I don’t see a full-fledged career in Hollywood. I am happy with the cameos. Even Tom Cruise will only do special appearances in our films; he wouldn’t do a full hero movie. But it’s good to act in different cinema,” Ali said.