Actor Purab Kohli says he was very keen to do the sequel of Rock On! as the musical drama was the biggest film in his career when it released. Purab started his acting career from television and while many character roles on the big screen earned him praise, it was the 2008 Farhan Akhtar-starrer that brought him the much-needed limelight.
Purab says he always felt the movie deserved a sequel. “I was selfishly on board for ‘Rock On 2’. Before ‘Airlift’, ‘Rock On!!’ was my biggest film and after that there was a lull in my career. I was hoping in every way that ‘Rock On!!’ sequel would be made and that would reignite the spark that set off in 2008.
“So, definitely I was all game for a sequel. It was an excellent film to have a sequel. We left ‘Magik’ in a new journey of their life, so eight years is a good enough gap to revisit that story and see how things moved,” Purab told PTI. “Rock On!!” starred Purab, Arjun Rampal, Farhan Akhtar, Luke Kenny, as members of the Mumbai-based rock band, ‘Magik’. Purab played Kedar Zaveri aka KD, the band’s drummer.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
While many actors would feel easier starring in a sequel but Purab says he found it challenging to return to KD. “I think it’s very difficult to again play a character that you did eight years ago. I tend to put a sense of myself in the character and eight years is a long gap. I have forgotten that self of mine now. I used to be some other guy then.
“Now, suddenly I have to go back to it. It is tough, it is like again accepting those things you didn’t like about yourself and tried to change. It was all the more difficult because Shujat (film’s director) wanted me to retain a lot of qualities of KD,” he said.