Both the media and the public questioned her actions and decision to bring to light what they considered to be a private issue. Being the straight forward woman that she is, the bubbly actress took to Facebook to post a few facts, explaining why she made the decision to file an F.IR.
“Why did i report a personal matter to the police? PERSONAL MATTER ? Seriously ? For the record this relationship was ended by me in 2009 and i don’t ever recall having gone to the police on any personal matter irrespective of what happened then. But now its been 6 years since the break up so THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL MATTER.”
Preity Zinta also tackled the accusation that she did it for money or publicity. “Is this done for MONEY ? IPL was my project from the start and for the record not only did I pay for myself (Rs 5 crores) when I got into the IPL (bid) I paid for Ness too ! 5 crores! (Proof of my financial commitment in the IPL is with the Bcci.) To be fair to him he did pay me back a couple of months later ( without any premium) so Hope the money theory is put to end once and for all.”
“Is this done for PUBLICITY ? No one wants to be involved in something like this for cheap publicity as this is more humiliating then something to be proud of, specially if you are a very private and self respecting person. I have been in this film industry since 1998 and have been part of the biggest blockbusters in the past. From Best actress awards to a bravery award i have won them all so please give me a break ! I don’t need publicity, specially cheap publicity,” she wrote.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Furthermore Preity, who immediately left for the United States post filing her complaint with the police, explained her disappearance from the country.
“My disappearance to the US – I HAD to go to the Us as I had work there which I could not ignore due to a prior commitment. In the end of the day I am a professional and cannot let my work suffer. I came back to India as soon as the police department required me to do so to help with further investigations.”
The actress also denied it being a fight for V.I.P or box seats at the IPL game. Was it for jealousy? “JEALOUSY ? Life moves on, people move on and so have I, and Happily so. I firmly believe and live by the principle that The Windscreen is always larger than the rear view mirror,” she says.
Preity Zinta appealed to her fans to wait till the investigation is complete. “Police investigation is on so I would humbly request people to have a little patience and wait for all the facts to come out. This is not a frivolous or immature complaint to the police. I have never lied in the past and do not lie when it suits me or is convenient. I am a responsible citizen of this country and my only fault is that I am a woman, who reached a breaking point after constantly being abused, threatened & humiliated at work by someone who once was very dear to me.”